Tyrion Lannister is a fictional character from TV show Game of Thrones. Despite being a dwarf, he is the most famous character of the show beyond any reasonable doubts. He is often referred as ‘The Imp’ or ‘Halfman’ by other characters. Tyrion is a member of House Lannister, one of the most powerful families of Westeros. His mother had died while giving birth to him. Tyrion is hated by his father Tywin Lannister, his sister Queen Cersei and nephew Joffrey. However, he is treated with love, kindness and respect by his older brother Jaime Lannister. Tyrion soothes his inadequacies with prostitutes, wine and humor. His only weapon is his mind which he sharpens by reading books. Tyrion Lannister Quotes are very popular among the viewers. He falls in love with a prostitute but could not marry her due to pressure from his family. He briefly serves as the hand of the King and successfully defends Kindgslanding from Stannis Baratheon. Later on, he is appointed as the Masters of Coin. Tywin forces Tyrion to marry Sansa Stark. He marries her but does not consummate the marriage. Tyrion is charged with Joffrey’s murder. Lord Varys saves his life and takes him to Essos. Tyrion serves as an advisor to Queen Daenrous Targerian. His talent impresses Daenrous and she appoints him as the hand of the Queen. The character has been played by actor Peter Dinklage.
Tyrion Lannister Quotes
- Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
- All dwarfs are bastards in their father’s eyes.
- I have a realistic grasp of my own strengths and weaknesses. My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer, and I have my mind… and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow.
- Why is it that when one man builds a wall, the next man immediately needs to know what’s on the other side?
- Death is so final. Whereas life, ah, life is full of possibilities.
- I try to know as many people as I can. You never know which one you’ll need.
- You can’t fuck your way out of everything.
- If you’re going to be a cripple, it’s better to be a rich cripple.
- It’s not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would do it if it were easy.
- It’s hard to put a leash on a dog once you’ve put a crown on its head.
- Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons. Doesn’t seem right.
- Killing and politics aren’t always the same thing.
- Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.
- All dwarfs may be bastards, yet not all bastards need be dwarfs.
- I’m not questioning your honor, Lord Janos. I’m denying its existence.
- I am the Imp; I have certain standards to maintain.
More Tyrion Lannister Quotes are coming soon.